uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Götz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Images in the tools docbook
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:56:18 GMT
On 10/11/2010 13:17, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>  The images are scaled nicely now in both versions, thanks to Marshalls
> tip to use the width param instead of the scale param.
>
> I scanned trough the pdf and added width="5.7in" to all images

Frankly, I think using absolute numbers as scale parameter
is not a good idea.  For example, our default format for the
PDF docs is "letter", a format that's not used in large parts
of the world.  If you format the docs as A4 so you can properly
print them in your neck of the woods, the page width is different.

For html, it's usually a good idea not to scale the graphics at
all, if necessary, this can be done by the browser.