uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Images in the tools docbook
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:36:22 GMT
  Here is a nice link:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/imagedata.html

Depending on the format we have one of the two cases:
1. Viewport is larger than the image, image will be rendered
in its intrinsic size (will look nice)
2. Viewport is smaller than the image, image will be clipped

In our formats both cases can occur at the same time,
usually the html viewport area is larger than the letter
pdf viewport area.

In my opinion we want the image to be scaled down
to the (pdf) viewport area if it is larger instead of clipping it.
And it  should not be scaled up (to html viewport size) if it is smaller,
then it should be rendered in its intrinsic size.
But I cannot find a way to specify that.

If that is not possible, we might have to make sure that all images
are scaled to a size which make them fit into the smallest
viewport we have.

One reason the scale parameter is behaving so differently
between pdf and html, might be that the html version
does not know about the intrinsic image size.
Marshall, do we use the graphic size extension?
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ImageSizing.html#ImageSizeExt

Jörn