uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: uimaj-ep-runtime on Apache Felix
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:50:06 GMT
 We're using the "jar" packaging, in order to pick up all the standard boiler
plate we have for Jars, such as including the Apache License and Notice files,
as I recall.

Also, I think I tried "bundle", and it failed to resolve maven $ properties
correctly - I think it's needed for the <finalName> element, where it picks up
the osgi-style version number as part of the name.

The _exportcontents is there instead of Export-Package because we're using
<embedDependency> to get all the dependency artifacts listed.  Using
Export-Package causes duplication,
according to
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html#ApacheFelixMavenBundlePlugin%28BND%29-EmbedDependencyandExportPackage

I do see that that site says this duplication may not be an issue if you
"inline" the dependencies, which we do, but this would need to be confirmed.

Maybe some more investigation as to why this packaging doesn't just work already
in Apache Felix is needed.

-Marshall