uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Generate docbooks in A4
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:56:16 GMT

On 10/11/2010 3:25 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>  Adding paperType configuration parameter to the docbook
> parent pom inside the configuration section for the pdf
> changes the paper format.
>
> For example:
> <paperType>A4</paperType>
>
> Whats the correct place to set this parameter ?
> Changing the parent docbook pom is a little unhandy,
> because then all the docbooks depending on it
> must be changed to the correct version of the parent
> docbook pom.

You can change it in the pom of the current docbook being processed, like this
example:

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>com.agilejava.docbkx</groupId>
      <artifactId>docbkx-maven-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <paperType>A4</paperType>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

We could add a maven properties setting, in the parent-pom-docbook, which could
be overridden, for example:

  <properties>                         <!-- existing -->
    <bookNameRoot>tools</bookNameRoot> <!-- existing -->
    <pdfPaperType>A4</pdfPaperType>    <-- possible new property -->
  </properties>

This would make overriding simpler.

Also, since maven can use Java System Properties, which can be set from the
command line, using -DpdfPaperType=A4, this could be specified as a command line
option.

Please feel free to suggest other approaches.

-Marshall