uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release candidate
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 09:00:24 GMT
On 12/3/10 9:48 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> For example in DocumentAnalayzer most of messages are builded like that.
>
> At the moment I found such string concatenation in:
> uimaj-cpe: CheckPointConfig, CheckPoint
> uimaj-tools: CpmPanel, AnnotationViewerDialog, DocumentAnalyzer,
> AnnotationViewerMain
> uimaj-ep-configurator: TypeSection, MultiPageEditor
> jVinci: ServiceRegistry
>
> if you agree, I'm going to fix them,

I actually was only worried about the new tag drawing code
in the Cas Editor which is frequently executed and
should be a little faster.

I think it does not make sense to optimize code
too much when the optimization is not needed.
Optimizing code makes it  usually more complicated,
which only makes sense if it ends up with a noticeable or
measureable change in execution time.

Jörn