uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Götz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.3.1
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 17:13:54 GMT
The difference between your machine and mine is probably
that I have UTF-8 as platform encoding, and my guess is
that RAT is reading in files it thinks are text files
with the platform encoding.  It's a common mistake.  You
can do this when your platform encoding is something
forgiving like ISO-8859-*, but not UTF-8.

And no, this is an Intel laptop, this has nothing to
do with byte order.

--Thilo