uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few questions re: differences in uima-as 2.3.1-rc1 bin and 2.3.0 (merged)
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:08:48 GMT
Marshall,

#1 Do you mean that 2.3.0 has UIMA_HOME/amq directory? If so, I have no idea
why its there. When you run uima-as provided startBroker script for the
first
time it creates this directory under UIMA_HOME/bin.

#2 expected

#2a This is OK, Per AMQ doc:
"...Starting with version 5.3, all of the above configuration details are
included in the default ActiveMQ configuration. Also, there is a central
place where you can set credentials that these components will use to
connect to the broker. Just set your desired username and password in the
conf/credentials.properties file, which by default looks like this:

activemq.username=system
activemq.password=manager

"
Credentials may also be configured in activemq.xml. I just used the default
mechanism provided by AMQ with the credentials.properties. If this file is
omitted, you get FileNotFoundException on broker startup.

#2b) These dirs are from AMQ 5.4.1 distribution. There is no win64 directory
present in the AMQ distribution for windows. There is only one distribution
for windows, so it should run under both 32 and 64 bit. Needs to be tested.

#2c) All of the 4.1.1 scripts ( browse, bstat, kp, list, query, shutdown)
are now part of the single script activemq.[bat|sh] using params. More info
here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html

- Jerry C