uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Solrcas questions
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:40:59 GMT
Hi,

I have two questions about the Solrcas project in the sandbox.

Reviewed the code, is there any special reason that SolrCASConsumer
does extend JCasAnnotator_ImplBase ? It looks like it is not using any
JCas features and could also extend CasAnnotator_ImplBase instead.
But maybe I am mistaken.

In line 132 the SolrServer.add method is called inside the AEs process
method.
Does this method already transmit the document over the network into Solr ?
Or does this happens in the line after where SolrServer.commit is called.
I am asking because if we could use auto commit the Solr Server process
might be able to group multiple documents into one commit and then
we would not need to call SolrServer.commit for every document. The commit
behavior could be configurable.

In case add does not transmit the document synchronously to the Solr Server,
the process method can return but the CAS might still cause an error in
a future
call to the process method which I do not want, because it makes the error
handling complicated.

Thanks,
Jörn