uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solrcas questions
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:58:04 GMT
And some more.

This is defined as dependency in the pom:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
<artifactId>uimaj-component-test-util</artifactId>
<version>2.3.1</version>
</dependency>

Shouldn't that be a test dependency only ?
Otherwise it indicated that the jar plus dependencies should be
on the classpath while deployed.

I also wonder which of all these jars I really need to run SolrJ. It looks
like that most are needed for the embedded solr server.
Does it make sense to use the embedded solr server for anything
else than testing ?

Should we declare createServer as protected ? Than people can overwrite
it to create what ever kind of solr server they want or maybe tune/customize
the http parameters.

Thanks,
Jörn