uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Add method to create a CAS to AnnotatorTester
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:38:32 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing a unit test for an Analysis Engine which does XML parsing.
The AE should get xml as binary content as input and then produce
a text view in my CAS.
In order to put the xml in the CAS I am using CAS.setSofaDataArray.

Now I want to make a test where I am preparing a CAS with the xml
and then check if the text view and metadata is created as expected.

For this test a method on the AnnotatorTest like performTest(String, String)
would be handy. Or just a method to create a CAS with the TypeSystem the
AE has.

I suggest to add this method AnnotatorTest.createCAS() which creates
a CAS that can be used for testing.

Jörn