uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal of Cas Editor Project support
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:35:53 GMT
On 3/31/11 10:35 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Could we do something to make its removal give the right guidance to let people
> who are "used to" the other method continue to use the CAS editor?
>
> I think we need some way to gracefully migrate people :-)

After the Cas Editor project support is removed the Cas Editor will not
be able
to locate the type system for these projects anymore. To avoid that we
could add some
migration code which knows how to find the type system for Cas Editor
projects.

We could also do the migration step wise, first deprecate the Cas Editor
project
and then remove it later, that will give our users more time.

Jörn