uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working on a new API to enable creation of UIMA AS deployment descriptors programmatically
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 17:36:15 GMT
> Am 05.04.2011 um 18:34 schrieb Jörn Kottmann:
>
>> Yes, if you use UimaFIT the AE cannot run without it, which makes it difficult to
use it in various solutions
>> which use our APIs to embed an AE e.g. like the new Solr integration does, or am
I mistaken?
> You can use uimaFIT factories for testing without using annotations and without introducing
a runtime dependency on uimaFIT.

> You can use uimaFIT annotations and uimaFIT's context injection helper and still instantiate
or run components in any manner you like. Your code will not notice the presence of uimaFIT
at all. However, it becomes a runtime-dependency in this case. Since uimaFIT is licensed under
Apache 2.0, it should be compatible with UIMA/UIMA-AS at that point.

> Does this address your concerns?

Yes mostly,  but I still believe that we should have support for
defining the configuration parameters and optionally injecting the
values inside the framework itself.

Jörn