uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA-2097 and file:// URLs
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:19:35 GMT

On 4/5/2011 6:21 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> going through the Jenkins failure strack trace for Solrcas test [1] I see
> the problem of URI.create methods has been resolved in UIMA-2097 [2] adding
> encoded versions of special characters like ' ' (space) to %20, this is good
> for http:// protocol but I don't think it works for the file:// protocol as
> the space character gets converted in a OS dependent way.

Can you say a bit more?

What I think is the case:

If you *don't* encode blanks, when you convert a string to a URI using
aUrl.toURI() or new URI(string), an exception is thrown.

When a URI with a blank encoded as %20 with the file:// protocol is used in new
File (aUri), that should work in the sense that the %20 is replace with a "blank".

-Marshall