uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse launch support for AEs
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:12:22 GMT
ok - I gave it try :-)

I built it, and put the jar into my Eclipse's "dropins" directory.

It seems nice :-) !

A couple of small things:

1) I was surprised when the "input" spec only offered choices within the
"project".  It seems that although that's a nice default, the data might be
almost anywhere...

2) For the output - it does offer more choices, but it seems only to locations
within the Eclipse workspace - I wanted to write to some temporary space, and
couldn't specify it then and there - I would have to make up some new Eclipse
workspace project (or use some pre-existing one), and then put a folder for the
output there, ahead of time.

It would be nice to let this pick go anywhere, including the file system, and to
create a new folder right then, if desired.

The documentation doesn't say what format the output is written in.

I made a new folder in another project, and set the output folder in the
launcher to that, using the browse... to pick it.  But the  configuration
appears invalid - there is an error message at the top saying "The output folder
must be a valid folder or not be set!".  The folder is showing as
"\projname\foldername"

Changing the output project name to be the same as the ProjectName for the
launcher made no difference...

-Marshall