uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse launch support for AEs
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 07:23:10 GMT
On 4/6/11 11:11 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> On 4/6/2011 9:36 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> On 4/6/11 2:11 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Launching without having the output folder pre-created
>> How could you launch without having the output folder created?
>> The validation should fail, show an error message and disable the
>> "Debug"/"Run" button
>> in the launch dialog.
> 1) create the output folder
> 2) create the run configuration, save it.
> 3) delete the output folder
> 4) run the saved configuration.

Thanks for find this, actually we check if a launch configuration is
valid inside the isValid method of the AnalysisEngieMainTab class.
If there is some problem it returns false and sets an error message.

If you run a saved invalid configuration this check is by-passed
and the AnalysisEngineLaunchConfigurationDelegate must throw
a CoreException while construction the program arguments,
which it does not do currently.

Jörn