uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse launch support for AEs
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 13:09:16 GMT
On 4/8/11 12:42 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:

> On 4/8/2011 6:23 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> On 4/8/11 12:18 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> I think so - if you mean, we don't need it for video, sound, etc.
>>>
>>> It's needed also for xml input, if you're supporting that.
>> Currently plain/text files and CAS files are supported as input.
>> I mean we want this feature only for plain/text input files because if the input
>> is a CAS file the language might already be set, and might also differ
>> from view to view.
> +1 that sounds completely correct :-)
Ok, nice, its only a small modification, I checked it in a few minutes ago.
The language can now be set by a text field, I hope that is appropriate,
as far as I know any string is a valid language, right?

Is the language string always lower cased by UIMA? If so we might want
to mention this in the setDocumentLanguage javadoc.

Jörn