uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal of Cas Editor Project support
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:15:37 GMT
On 3/31/11 10:35 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Could we do something to make its removal give the right guidance to let people
> who are "used to" the other method continue to use the CAS editor?
>
> I think we need some way to gracefully migrate people :-)

Now looked a little deeper into this issue and suggest the following
migration.

When the new Cas Editor 2.3.2 is started up the first time,
it does the following to migrate a project:

1. Reads the dotCorpus file and sets the type system location for the
project
2. Copies the dotCorpus to the new default styling file location

After these two steps a user will be able to open any .xcas or .xmi file
inside
the migrated project with the configured styling. The functionality to
run an
AE will be removed from the Cas Editor and we will instruct our users to use
the new eclipse AE launch support instead.

What that be a graceful migration?

Jörn