uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal of Cas Editor Project support
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:17:25 GMT
On 4/28/11 1:08 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> +1 if in addition, you popped up a message during the 1 - time migration saying
> what was happening, giving the user a just-in-time "education" about the change.
>
> It would probably be good to make this a modal message so the user would need to
> push an OK button.  I suppose you could have a cancel option button, too, in
> case the user didn't want to do the migration, and wanted to uninstall the 2.3.2
> version and go back to the previous one (though, I doubt that path would be
> chosen - but then again, perhaps there are more issues we don't realize, yet).

Sounds good, I will add such a dialog. I do not see the need for a
cancel button,
since the existing things are not changed, even after doing the migration it
will be possible to just go back to the old version.

All we change is setting a type system property on the project and copy
the dotCorpus file to
the new default location, the old dotCorpus file remains in place.

Jörn