uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Working on a new API to enable creation of UIMA AS deployment descriptors programmatically
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:50:12 GMT
Am 05.04.2011 um 17:38 schrieb Jaroslaw Cwiklik:

> I propose creating a Factory object to enable each JUnit test to dynamically create and
configure deployment descriptors it needs. I would use Apache XMLBeans to create xml backing
java beans and factories which will be generated from UIMA AS deployment descriptor xml schema.
I would provide a java wrapper around generated XML beans to simplify creation of primitive
and aggregate
> deployment descriptors.

Sounds great!

I have written a builder for UIMA-AS deployment descriptors that works directly on the DOM.
It works for simple cases, but having proper beans for the XML would be better.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
phone +49 (6151) 16-7477, fax -5455, room S2/02/E225
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de