uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Working on a new API to enable creation of UIMA AS deployment descriptors programmatically
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:38:27 GMT
UIMA AS extended test suite has become quite large. Each JUnit test requires
one or more xml deployment descriptor to run. A lot of these static xml
descriptors are the same except for a few config parameters that change
error handling, scaleout, queue name, etc. There are about 200 xml files
already and this list keeps growing. This is becoming annoying having to
create static xml file for every test. Instead I propose creating a Factory
object to enable each JUnit test to dynamically create and configure
deployment descriptors it needs. I would use Apache XMLBeans to create xml
backing java beans and factories which will be generated from UIMA AS
deployment descriptor xml schema. I would provide a java wrapper around
generated XML beans to simplify creation of primitive and aggregate
deployment descriptors. Once this is in place, I would also like to get rid
of about 200 of static UIMA AE xml descriptors used to instantiate and
configure UIMA components. For this I would definitely use UimaFIT which
provides factories and API to dynamically create and configure AE
descriptors.

Let me know if you have any comments.

JC