uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: osgi version within Maven Bundle plugin
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 12:18:07 GMT

On 5/17/2011 3:07 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> 2011/5/16 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>
>

>> On 5/16/2011 11:23 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm working on the new RC for UIMA Addons, but I'm stuck with an issue
>> with
>>> the addons-osgi-runtime.
>>> In fact when I run the release:prepare (dryRun) the osgiVersion property
>> set
>>> in addons-osgi-runtime POM doesn't get automatically changed from
>>> 2.3.1.SNAPSHOT to 2.3.1 automatically.
>> Would this work: changed the definition of that property to
>> <osgiVersion>${project.version}</osgiVersion>  ?
>>
> the problem is that 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT is not a "valid" OSGi version and it
> should be converted to 2.3.1.SNAPSHOT (this is not a problem for the release
> but for the current/next snapshot versioning)

Oh, sorry, I missed that detail ...

The OSGi version of the project.version is made available in the variable:

${parsedVersion.osgiVersion}

Can you use that?  This is provided by the build-helper maven plugin, which is
already being run as part of our builds (see lines 571-583 in version 2 of the
uima overall parent pom).

-Marshall