uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation for the add-ons
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 12:25:17 GMT
2011/5/31 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>

> Many (but not all) of the add on projects have documentation, often as
> docbooks.
>
> The "bin" packaging of these typically bundles the results of any docbook
> processing as html and pdf within the artifact being produced - for
> example, the
> PEAR file.

right

> The add-on bundle (which serves to combine the "releasable" add-ons as one
> unit)
> then just includes the documentation as it appears in each binary bundle,
> if I
> recall correctly.

if you unpack the binary package of uima-addons you'll find a separate
directory for each component and those having documentation will have a pdf
under $componentname/doc.
Are you thinking about having a all-in-one documentation ?

> There is a not-yet-completely-worked-out set of conventions to also have
> our
> web-site automatically updated with new documentation for the addons.  For
> instance, the page http://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html#regex.annotator has
> link which says "click here to view the documentation".   I think this
> isn't yet
> automated, so has to be done by "hand".

any ideas on how to automate that ? maven-exec-plugin with scp?

 Tommaso