uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject osgi version within Maven Bundle plugin
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 15:23:18 GMT
Hi all,
I'm working on the new RC for UIMA Addons, but I'm stuck with an issue with
the addons-osgi-runtime.
In fact when I run the release:prepare (dryRun) the osgiVersion property set
in addons-osgi-runtime POM doesn't get automatically changed from
2.3.1.SNAPSHOT to 2.3.1 automatically.
So, after spending some time looking at different ways of automate that with
Maven, it seemed to me the build-helper-plugin could be the right choice as
it provides an OSGi compliant version naming one can use in the artifact
finalName [1].
Now the issue is that the Maven Bundle plugin seem to not care about the
parsedVersion.osgiVersion property generated by the build-helper and I see
someone already faced the same problem [2].
I see in uimaj-ep-runtime this was resolved changing the packaging type from
bundle to jar and using the maven-dependency-plugin to assembly the
dependencies' classes inside the bundle but it seems to me a bit "dirty" so
I wonder if anyone has a better suggestion.
This all is for having a "smart" way of updating the version, the non-smart
way is I can always change the osgiVersion property to 2.3.1 before
preparing the release manually and eventually reverting it if the release
has to be rolled back.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Tommaso

[1] :