uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Cas Editor split for easy RCP app integration
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 12:18:55 GMT
Hi all,

I am proposing that we split the Cas Editor into two parts,
one core part and one part which deals with eclipse ide integration.

The core part will be designed to be reusable by RCP applications which
need to perform CAS viewing/editing. An example for such an application
is an annotation tool which is connected to document repository.

The ide part will ensure that the Cas Editor is integrated into the eclipse
ide as it is now.

As part of the split I would like to work with the community to define
an API which
can be used to integrate and extend the Cas Editor in various ways.

Any opinions?

Jörn