uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deal with types which define allowed values?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:12:37 GMT
Hi all,

the Cas Editor does not support types which have features which
are restricted by allowedValues.

It would be nice if I could get a little help to implement this correctly.

The CAS defines methods to retrieve the value of a feature, in case it is
a primitive feature the Cas Editor needs a method which retrieves the
primitive feature as a "primitive" java Object (e.g. Integer, Boolean,
String, etc.).

The util method which does this, cannot deal with the case of allowedValues.

org.apache.uima.caseditor.editor.util.Primitives.getPrimitiv(...)

I believe it should test based on the primitive Type objects instead of
the type name
and check if the input type is equal or a subtype. Based on that it
should be possible
to call the CAS methods to retrieve the value.

Is it possible to determine if a Type restricts the values via allowed
values,
and if so get a list of all allowed values? I would need both to create
a combo
box where a user can select a value out of the allowed values.

Thanks,
Jörn