uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons 2.3.1 RC 2
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:09:37 GMT


On 6/6/2011 12:21 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hello Marshall,
>
> 2011/6/6 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>
>
>> I svn "exported" the tag, and diff'ed it to the source-release.
>>
>> There are a few differences; although they are not required to be the same,
>> it's
>> simpler if they are (mostly).  This is because otherwise we have to
>> carefully
>> check and confirm that each thing which isn't the same, is OK.  Here's a
>> list of
>> the differences I found.
>>
>> 1) The SVN is organized differently for the osgi components - they are
>> subdirectories in the addons-osgi-runtime folder, but in the source
>> release,
>> they appear at the top level.  Does the default behavior of the
>> source-assembly
>> change this nesting to a "flat" structure, or are we overriding the default
>> somehow?
>>
> I didn't make any special configuration to do that so I assume it to be the
> default behavior.

I took a quick look - the default assembly for source-release is using the
<moduleSet> technique to include all the sources.   There is one <moduleSet> -
and this would lose any hierarchy that may be present in how the files are
stored in SVN.

Since the layout is different, the build-from-sources (using the source-release)
will fail I think.  (It already fails, but this is due to the
AlchemyApiAnnotator not being found (due to renaming).

I think this might be fixable by overriding - to have two <moduleSets> - one for
everything that's going under addons-osgi-runtime folder, and another one for
all the rest.  Each would have its own <outputDirectory> to direct the files to
the right spot.  You can see the default descriptor being used that you would
need to override, in
build/uima-build-resources/src/main/resources/assemblies/multimodule-source-release.xml. 


>
>> 2) The alchemy-annotator is named two different ways:  in the
>> source-release it
>> is called "alchemy-annotator", but in the SVN export it is called
>> "AlchemyAPIAnnotator"
>>
> I think this depends on the artifactId which is "alchemy-annotator" but the
> directory is called AlchemyAPIAnnotator, I wasn't sure about how to handle
> it as the "alchemy-annotator" artifactId came from the previous donated
> project; however I  think it'd be good to change it to AlchemyAPIAnnotator.

+1, because it has to match for the build-from sources to work, I think.

-Marshall

Mime
View raw message