uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons 2.3.1 RC 2
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:34:47 GMT
Re: the assembly -

The Apache default assembly (see
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/resources/apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor/1.0.3/
) they don't use <moduleSets> - they just use one file set and zip up whatever
is exported from SVN.

I think this would make sense for us, and solve this "flattening" issue that
happens when using moduleSets.

But it has one issue:  it packages up everything in the svn export.  So this
would include those things we're not releasing.

Two ways to fix this:

1) do that little bit of SVN reorg - create another "top level" SVN point for
the addons, and move just those projects we're releasing from sandbox, to that.

2) Use the ability of the assembly descriptor configuration to have
includes/excludes, and use those to subset the export to just what we need.  I
think this is more error-prone, though, and involves doing a special step when
release "tags" the project - you have to go into the tag and delete the things
not being released.

So I think approach 1) is better.

-Marshall