uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: please reply with status items for Board report
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:03:00 GMT
Here's the board report; I'll submit soon to the board, so let me know right
away of any changes.

Board report for Apache UIMA, for June 2011.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Releases:
Since last report, UIMA-AS Released
(http://uima.apache.org/news.html#22 March 2011).

Development:
UIMA CAS Editor is being improved and extended with inputs from several active
users.

The set of add-ons is being released soon (on 2nd release candidate as of now).

Community:
One new user who has expressed an interest in helping out, has started
contributing patches.

Issues: No Board level issues at this time

Trademarks/Branding: all of our web pages have
the right footers.  We changed the first occurrence of the use of trademark at the
beginning to be a modifier of a generic class noun, per recent guidance.

-Marshall