uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: please reply with status items for Board report
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:44:53 GMT
Great suggestions!  Thanks - I'll add summaries of these to the report.

-Marshall

> I'm not on the board, but I would like to mention a few things that could go into the
report.

> - I guess you should mention Nicolas contribution of the French models as well.
>
> - There are also patches contributed by Nicolas to the HMM Tagger
> -- UIMA-2146: Donation of French data models for the Apache UIMA Sandbox HMM Tagger
> -- UIMA-2106: Handling tokens not present in the language model (and also with no suffix
present in the model) causes a null pointer exception in the tagger process
> -- UIMA-2110: Turn the HMMTagger class into a more generic class for tagging tasks
>
> - As a matter of fact, I have also submitted a patch and have interest in contributing,
but didn't make it as explicit on the list
> -- UIMA-1080: [Patch] Wrong usage of URL in XmiWriterCasConsumer
> -- UIMA-2102: Make ResourceManager_impl.ResourceRegistration protected (there is no patch
attached here because the change is so trivial "private" -> "protected" and done.)

> - Nicolas and I have both expressed interest that our community projects (uima-fr.org
and http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/software/dkpro/) could be added to the Apache UIMA External
Resources page. That might also be worth a mention.