uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: please reply with status items for Board report
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:00:21 GMT

On 6/10/2011 8:44 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Great suggestions!  Thanks - I'll add summaries of these to the report.
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 6/10/2011 2:26 AM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>> I'm not on the board, but I would like to mention a few things that could go into
the report.

>> - I guess you should mention Nicolas contribution of the French models as well.
>>
>> - There are also patches contributed by Nicolas to the HMM Tagger
>> -- UIMA-2146: Donation of French data models for the Apache UIMA Sandbox HMM Tagger
>> -- UIMA-2106: Handling tokens not present in the language model (and also with no
suffix present in the model) causes a null pointer exception in the tagger process
>> -- UIMA-2110: Turn the HMMTagger class into a more generic class for tagging tasks

>> - As a matter of fact, I have also submitted a patch and have interest in contributing,
but didn't make it as explicit on the list
>> -- UIMA-1080: [Patch] Wrong usage of URL in XmiWriterCasConsumer
>> -- UIMA-2102: Make ResourceManager_impl.ResourceRegistration protected (there is
no patch attached here because the change is so trivial "private" -> "protected" and done.)

>> - Nicolas and I have both expressed interest that our community projects (uima-fr.org
and http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/software/dkpro/) could be added to the Apache UIMA External
Resources page. That might also be worth a mention.

Or, even better, it might be worth adding these to the External Resources page
:-).

The board doesn't particularly want to see all details like this (I think), but
thanks for the reminder to add these.

-Marshall