uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: please reply with status items for Board report
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:26:26 GMT
I'm not on the board, but I would like to mention a few things that could go into the report.

- I guess you should mention Nicolas contribution of the French models as well.

- There are also patches contributed by Nicolas to the HMM Tagger
-- UIMA-2146: Donation of French data models for the Apache UIMA Sandbox HMM Tagger
-- UIMA-2106: Handling tokens not present in the language model (and also with no suffix present
in the model) causes a null pointer exception in the tagger process
-- UIMA-2110: Turn the HMMTagger class into a more generic class for tagging tasks

- As a matter of fact, I have also submitted a patch and have interest in contributing, but
didn't make it as explicit on the list
-- UIMA-1080: [Patch] Wrong usage of URL in XmiWriterCasConsumer
-- UIMA-2102: Make ResourceManager_impl.ResourceRegistration protected (there is no patch
attached here because the change is so trivial "private" -> "protected" and done.)

- Nicolas and I have both expressed interest that our community projects (uima-fr.org and
http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/software/dkpro/) could be added to the Apache UIMA External
Resources page. That might also be worth a mention.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Am 10.06.2011 um 04:03 schrieb Marshall Schor:

> Here's the board report; I'll submit soon to the board, so let me know right
> away of any changes.
>
> Board report for Apache UIMA, for June 2011.
>
> Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
> software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
> UIMA Oasis Standard.
>
> Releases:
> Since last report, UIMA-AS Released
> (http://uima.apache.org/news.html#22 March 2011).
>
> Development:
> UIMA CAS Editor is being improved and extended with inputs from several active
> users.
>
> The set of add-ons is being released soon (on 2nd release candidate as of now).
>
> Community:
> One new user who has expressed an interest in helping out, has started
> contributing patches.
>
> Issues: No Board level issues at this time
>
> Trademarks/Branding: all of our web pages have
> the right footers.  We changed the first occurrence of the use of trademark at the
> beginning to be a modifier of a generic class noun, per recent guidance.
>

> -Marshall

>> Any replies about to be made?
>>
>> If not, I'll submit a fairly bare-bones status update.
>>
>> -Marshall
>>
>> On 6/5/2011 11:10 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Believe it or not, 3 months have flown by and it's time for another Board report.
>>>
>>> Please reply to this note with any input for that, by this coming Thursday, 9
June.

>>> Thanks.  -Marshall

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de