uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons 2.3.1 RC 2
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:55:51 GMT
Hello Marshall,
I can do it tomorrow so if you have any chance to do it before then I'd be
very happy if you take care of that.
Thanks,
Tommaso

2011/6/8 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>

> ok, I think we should go ahead and set up this new folder in svn.  Do you
> want
> to do it, or would you like me to do it?
>
> -Marshall
>
> On 6/8/2011 6:25 AM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> > 2011/6/7 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>
> >
> >> Re: the assembly -
> >>
> >> The Apache default assembly (see
> >>
> >>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/resources/apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor/1.0.3/
> >> ) they don't use <moduleSets> - they just use one file set and zip up
> >> whatever
> >> is exported from SVN.
> >>
> >> I think this would make sense for us, and solve this "flattening" issue
> >> that
> >> happens when using moduleSets.
> >>
> >> But it has one issue:  it packages up everything in the svn export.  So
> >> this
> >> would include those things we're not releasing.
> >>
> >> Two ways to fix this:
> >>
> >> 1) do that little bit of SVN reorg - create another "top level" SVN
> point
> >> for
> >> the addons, and move just those projects we're releasing from sandbox,
> to
> >> that.
> >>
> >> 2) Use the ability of the assembly descriptor configuration to have
> >> includes/excludes, and use those to subset the export to just what we
> need.
> >>  I
> >> think this is more error-prone, though, and involves doing a special
> step
> >> when
> >> release "tags" the project - you have to go into the tag and delete the
> >> things
> >> not being released.
> >>
> >> So I think approach 1) is better.
> >>
> > +1 I think this is the way to go also to avoid confusion between what is
> an
> > established addon and what is under development in the sandbox.
> > Tommaso
> >
> >
> >> -Marshall
> >>
> >> On 6/6/2011 5:09 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> >>> On 6/6/2011 12:21 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> >>>> Hello Marshall,
> >>>>
> >>>> 2011/6/6 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>
> >>>>
> >>>>> I svn "exported" the tag, and diff'ed it to the source-release.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> There are a few differences; although they are not required to be
the
> >> same,
> >>>>> it's
> >>>>> simpler if they are (mostly).  This is because otherwise we have
to
> >>>>> carefully
> >>>>> check and confirm that each thing which isn't the same, is OK.
>  Here's
> >> a
> >>>>> list of
> >>>>> the differences I found.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> 1) The SVN is organized differently for the osgi components - they
> are
> >>>>> subdirectories in the addons-osgi-runtime folder, but in the source
> >>>>> release,
> >>>>> they appear at the top level.  Does the default behavior of the
> >>>>> source-assembly
> >>>>> change this nesting to a "flat" structure, or are we overriding
the
> >> default
> >>>>> somehow?
> >>>>>
> >>>> I didn't make any special configuration to do that so I assume it to
> be
> >> the
> >>>> default behavior.
> >>> I took a quick look - the default assembly for source-release is using
> >> the
> >>> <moduleSet> technique to include all the sources.   There is one
> >> <moduleSet> -
> >>> and this would lose any hierarchy that may be present in how the files
> >> are
> >>> stored in SVN.
> >>>
> >>> Since the layout is different, the build-from-sources (using the
> >> source-release)
> >>> will fail I think.  (It already fails, but this is due to the
> >>> AlchemyApiAnnotator not being found (due to renaming).
> >>>
> >>> I think this might be fixable by overriding - to have two <moduleSets>
> -
> >> one for
> >>> everything that's going under addons-osgi-runtime folder, and another
> one
> >> for
> >>> all the rest.  Each would have its own <outputDirectory> to direct
the
> >> files to
> >>> the right spot.  You can see the default descriptor being used that you
> >> would
> >>> need to override, in
> >>>
> >>
> build/uima-build-resources/src/main/resources/assemblies/multimodule-source-release.xml.
> >>>
> >>>>> 2) The alchemy-annotator is named two different ways:  in the
> >>>>> source-release it
> >>>>> is called "alchemy-annotator", but in the SVN export it is called
> >>>>> "AlchemyAPIAnnotator"
> >>>>>
> >>>> I think this depends on the artifactId which is "alchemy-annotator"
> but
> >> the
> >>>> directory is called AlchemyAPIAnnotator, I wasn't sure about how to
> >> handle
> >>>> it as the "alchemy-annotator" artifactId came from the previous
> donated
> >>>> project; however I  think it'd be good to change it to
> >> AlchemyAPIAnnotator.
> >>> +1, because it has to match for the build-from sources to work, I
> think.
> >>>
> >>> -Marshall
> >>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message