uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons 2.3.1 RC 2
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:21:08 GMT
Hello Marshall,

2011/6/6 Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>

> I svn "exported" the tag, and diff'ed it to the source-release.
>
> There are a few differences; although they are not required to be the same,
> it's
> simpler if they are (mostly).  This is because otherwise we have to
> carefully
> check and confirm that each thing which isn't the same, is OK.  Here's a
> list of
> the differences I found.
>
> 1) The SVN is organized differently for the osgi components - they are
> subdirectories in the addons-osgi-runtime folder, but in the source
> release,
> they appear at the top level.  Does the default behavior of the
> source-assembly
> change this nesting to a "flat" structure, or are we overriding the default
> somehow?

I didn't make any special configuration to do that so I assume it to be the
default behavior.

> 2) The alchemy-annotator is named two different ways:  in the
> source-release it
> is called "alchemy-annotator", but in the SVN export it is called
> "AlchemyAPIAnnotator"

I think this depends on the artifactId which is "alchemy-annotator" but the
directory is called AlchemyAPIAnnotator, I wasn't sure about how to handle
it as the "alchemy-annotator" artifactId came from the previous donated
project; however I  think it'd be good to change it to AlchemyAPIAnnotator.

> 3) There are several projects in the exported tag which are not in the
> source
> release (I'm guessing because we're not "releasing" these now):
>  CasViewerEclipsePlugin
>  GaleMultiModalExample
>  OpenCalaisAnnotatorGroovy
>  RDFCASConsumer
>  SandboxDistr
>  SandboxDocs
>  SimpleUimaAsService
>
> An easy update for this is to manually delete these from the SVN Tag.  (For
> another email thread - I think it may make sense to have an "addons" SVN
> top
> node, and "graduate" sandbox things we're releasing, to that).

yes, we don't release them (agree with the idea of separate addons top node)

> 4) The "Notice" file at the SVN top node is out of date; it should match
> the
> NOTICE file put at the top of the source-release assembly.

I missed that, thanks :-)

Regards,
Tommaso