uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Cas Editor split for easy RCP app integration
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:48:05 GMT
Sounds good to me. That way the Eclipse integration could also take care of resolving imports
via the Java Classpath if a XMI resides within a Java project.

Cheers,

Richard

Am 01.06.2011 um 14:25 schrieb Michael Tanenblatt:

> I think t his would be an excellent thing to do
>
> On Jun 1, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am proposing that we split the Cas Editor into two parts,
>> one core part and one part which deals with eclipse ide integration.
>>
>> The core part will be designed to be reusable by RCP applications which
>> need to perform CAS viewing/editing. An example for such an application
>> is an annotation tool which is connected to document repository.
>>
>> The ide part will ensure that the Cas Editor is integrated into the eclipse
>> ide as it is now.
>>
>> As part of the split I would like to work with the community to define an API which
>> can be used to integrate and extend the Cas Editor in various ways.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Jörn

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de