uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: addons almost ready for next release candidate
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:07:07 GMT
On 8/9/11 5:43 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> A broader OSGi "support" for UIMA could be done, where we make UIMA aware of
> OSGi, and have it use OSGi "services" to load classes from bundles, etc., but
> that hasn't been done.
>
> Let me know if this is off-base with respect to use cases you know about...; any
> testing appreciated:-)

Well, I am still skeptical if it is a good idea to release this. Because
it might
simply not work for many.

As soon as a user wants to mix the addon AEs with a custom AEs he needs
to repackage everything.

Why not directly tell our users, that they need to put everything into one
bundle them self to get UIMA running in an OSGi container?

Jörn