uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Change Lucas to make index creation configurable
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:54:26 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on a UIMA based Corpus Server over at OpenNLP which is using
Lucas to index its content.

I did run in an issue, with the way the IndexWriter in Lucas is created,
the Lucene
Index Writer constructor takes a flag which indicates that an index
should be created.
If this flag is set, an existing index will also be overwritten.

In my case I need to do both, when a corpus gets created, an index for
it must be created,
and if the server is restarted, the index must be opened and appended,
and not overwritten.

I suggest that we add a parameter for this into the already existing
properties file.

Is it ok, to check in this change before we do the addons release?

Jörn