uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guidelines for a mutual contribution
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:27:17 GMT
On 9/2/11 10:05 AM, Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
> Yes, Jörn.
>
> Since we (LINA Lab.) managed to get the right to distrisbute the
> models, we contacted the owner (actually her legal department) in
> July, to ask her if it would be possible, with respect to the corpus
> rights, to specify in the license that the trained models could be
> distributed by anyone under AL2.
>
> So far, no news. I will ask again soon.

Great, I think having this exception in their license would be the
best solution for everyone, I guess we then don't even need
all the papers.

Usually these statistical models only contain at best short n-grams
which cannot be used to re-construct the original text and don't
violate the copyright of the training material it was created from.

Jörn