uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept HMM Tagger French models
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:41:26 GMT
I see there's ongoing discussion on retraining.  Currently it is technically
possible to retrain, but it seems there's no right to distribute the model, if
trained with the French Treebank corpus.

Nicholas is pursuing getting permissions for this use.

Should we wait until this gets done before accepting, or accept without the
ability to retrain (for now)?  (or did I frame this issue incorrectly? )

-Marshall