uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckar...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: UIMA and uimaFIT
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:33:17 GMT
Maybe there would be a way to discuss migrating the injection feature or even more from uimaFIT
to UIMA. That would need to be discussed with the other uimaFIT creators of course. What do
you think about that?

Best,

-- Richard

Am 15.09.2011 um 14:22 schrieb Jörn Kottmann:

> On 9/15/11 2:12 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Yes, but I think the analysis engine builds upon uimaFIT then, so
>> TextMArker would actively using the library. My knowledge about
>> uimaFIT is yet minimal. I will see if that's the case when I actually
>> implement it.
>
> As far as I understand uimaFIT does mainly two different things. It can
> help an Analysis Engine implementation
> to easier access configuration parameters by injecting these, when you
> use this feature AEs can be used just as any other UIMA AEs.
> The second feature is a set of utils to instantiate UIMA components
> without xml descriptors, this is especially useful for testing,
> and as far as I know it is used by the UIMA-AS unit tests.
>
> In my opinion UIMA itself should support injecting of configuration
> parameters into AEs, because that simply is a feature
> which can be done better when it is done by the framework.
>
> Jörn

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de