uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guidelines for a mutual contribution
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:38:09 GMT
2011/9/1 Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com>

> On 9/1/11 2:39 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>
>> I am reviewing the legal stuff for this; if no one objects, once I'm
>> finished I'll proceed with the vote for the acceptance for HMM Tagger
>> French
>> Models.
>>

> Will it be possible for us to retrain these models? And then also release
> the retrained models?

As long as one can read French (that is a false sentence for me at the
moment :P) Nicolas wrote something here:
http://enicolashernandez.blogspot.com/2011/05/construire-des-modelisations-du-french.html

The models were built on French Treebank corpus [1].
It would be nice if it could be translated to English, and hopefully added
to the Tagger documentation.

> Otherwise it will be hard to change to code, since strict backward
> compatibility
> must be maintained.

As far as I know, not at the moment as the legal stuff and this contribution
regard only the models as they are without the data used to train them.
Asking the French Treebank corpus rights owner to grant ASF a SGA for such
data would be another piece of work I think.
My 2 cents.
Tommaso

[1] : http://www.llf.cnrs.fr/Gens/Abeille/French-Treebank-fr.php