uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenNLP type system problem
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 20:16:33 GMT
On 10/5/11 9:40 PM, Nicolas Hernandez wrote:
> I also encountered the same problem.
> Since the 1.5.1 binary online does not contain the opennlp-uima
> package, I went to the svn to get it.
>
> In order to make the AE works I try to use the
> opennlp-uima/descriptors/TypeSystem.xml file. Indeed the
> opennlp.uima.Chunk type contains a "type" attribute. Personnaly I
> renamed it in "chunkType" ...
>
> ... and I use the uima-mapper [1] component I developped to make less
> painful the mapping on fly from one TS to another...
>
> [1]http://code.google.com/p/uima-type-mapper/

We could just change it, the OpenNLP type system is an example only
anyway since all types in the OpenNLP AEs can be mapped to a user type
system by descriptor configuration.

I actually use this feature to integrate the OpenNLP AEs into my
production system,
which has its own type system.

Sorry for now having the opennlp-uima jar in the distribution, this is a
bug in our
packaging which is fixed for the next release, 1.5.1 was the first
Apache release and
we wrote completely new maven based build system for it.

Jörn