uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shown Annotation types in the Annotation Editor
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:36:41 GMT
On 10/11/11 10:25 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:

> There are nine really important views. The other views are maybe usful
> but not essential.
>
> Generic:
> - selection (uimaj-ep-cev)
> - annotationBrowser (uimaj-ep-cev) The CAS Editor has a similar one,
> but this one has a text field for filtering types, useful when there
> are more than 50 types.

I suggest that we enhance the Annotation Editors Outline view to be able
to replace the annotation browser. The selection view could maybe added
directly to the Cas Editor. I need to find out how it works.
> Type-Specific:
> - apply, element, matched, failed of the explain views
> (uimaj-ep-textmarker-addons) for visualizing the rule execution.
> - fn, fp and tp of the testing views (uimaj-ep-textmarker-addons) for
> visualizing the testing results.

These we need to migrate and make Cas Editor views out of them. Are they
all showing information from the CAS which is
currently visible?

> And there is another thing I already mentioned somtime: We would also
> need the possibility add additional plugins that display and create
> annotations. They are application-specific, but very important for
> some  latest projects. The CEV plugin has an extension point in order
> to initiate the communication between the plugins, but I don't know if
> the current solution is optimal.

That is already possible, a user can just contribute an eclipse view
which can then access (or modify via CAS API) the contents of the currently
opened CAS. I wrote one for a project I am doing, there a user can
modify a FS by marking check boxes instead of using the generic
Cas Editor views.

Jörn