uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Shown Annotation types in the Annotation Editor
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:06:21 GMT
  Hi,

I try to get the CAS Editor running from sources. Is there any easy and
fast way without the rest of the uima projects?

Peter

Am 11.10.2011 10:44, schrieb Peter Klügl:
>  Hi,
>
> Am 11.10.2011 10:36, schrieb Jörn Kottmann:
>> On 10/11/11 10:25 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>>
>>> There are nine really important views. The other views are maybe
>>> usful but not essential.
>>>
>>> Generic:
>>> - selection (uimaj-ep-cev)
>>> - annotationBrowser (uimaj-ep-cev) The CAS Editor has a similar one,
>>> but this one has a text field for filtering types, useful when there
>>> are more than 50 types.
>>>
>> I suggest that we enhance the Annotation Editors Outline view to be
>> able to replace the annotation browser. The selection view could
>> maybe added
>> directly to the Cas Editor. I need to find out how it works.
>
> I you have any question... just ask. The view itself is quite simple:
> It just displays the annotations under the selected position in the
> editor,really usefule if you have 10-20 layers of annotations.
>
>>> Type-Specific:
>>> - apply, element, matched, failed of the explain views
>>> (uimaj-ep-textmarker-addons) for visualizing the rule execution.
>>> - fn, fp and tp of the testing views (uimaj-ep-textmarker-addons)
>>> for visualizing the testing results.
>>
>> These we need to migrate and make Cas Editor views out of them. Are
>> they all showing information from the CAS which is
>> currently visible?
>>

> All this information (special types) is stored in the CAS. Maybe an
> option to exclude these types from the generic views can be included
> sometime.
>
>>> And there is another thing I already mentioned somtime: We would
>>> also need the possibility add additional plugins that display and
>>> create annotations. They are application-specific, but very
>>> important for some  latest projects. The CEV plugin has an extension
>>> point in order to initiate the communication between the plugins,
>>> but I don't know if the current solution is optimal.
>>
>> That is already possible, a user can just contribute an eclipse view
>> which can then access (or modify via CAS API) the contents of the
>> currently
>> opened CAS. I wrote one for a project I am doing, there a user can
>> modify a FS by marking check boxes instead of using the generic
>> Cas Editor views.
>>

> Great, I'll migrate our other views when the rest is done.
>
> By the way: I tried to upload a new patch to UIMA-2237, but then
> realized that the patch wasn't again not created correctly. Now I
> can't access jira, so it will take some time...
>

> Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/