uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Shown Annotation types in the Annotation Editor
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:05:08 GMT
  Hi,

I rather prefer to start the plugins from sources directly in a new Eclipse.

What I've done now:
- build/install complete uimaj in a different workspace
- copied the two cas editor plugins
- modified some stuff to get rid of the problems
- started eclipse with cas editor and textmarker
- set the default type system in the project properties

Two things that I came across:
- there was no default page of the editor for selecting the type system,
so when no default type system was given the editor did not open
- the views in general do not take the inheritance of types into
account. An example: type W (word) is the parent of the types SW (small
word) and CW (capitalized word) and only annotations of those two are
existent. IfI select W (e.g., in the Annotation Styles view), then SW
and CW annotations aren't highlighted.

Are those two things by purpose?

Peter

Am 11.10.2011 13:09, schrieb Jörn Kottmann:
> On 10/11/11 1:06 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>
>> I try to get the CAS Editor running from sources. Is there any easy
>> and fast way without the rest of the uima projects?
>
> No, you need to check out the entire UIMA workspace, do the build (it
> is just a mvn install),
> and then copy over three the plugins to your eclipse dropins folder.
>
> You need to copy the jars files form these projects:
> - uimaj-ep-runtime
> - uimaj-ep-cas-editor
> - uimaj-ep-cas-editor-ide
>
> After you did that check that eclipse can load all of them.
>
> Jörn

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/