uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Shown Annotation types in the Annotation Editor
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:43:46 GMT

> Yes. Lets summarize a bit what needs to be done to the Cas Editor to
> be suitable to be integrated into Text Marker.
>
> - Add an extension point to the Ide Plugin to use custom type system
> search strategies
> - Add maybe a new selection view, or pop up to easily select an
> annotation which is not of the current mode type
> - Add support for type hierarchies to the views
> - Maybe smaller changes here and there
>
> I believe we will not need bigger non-backward compatible changes to
> do this integration. Therefore we could
> do this for a version after 2.4.0 (maybe 2.4.1).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jörn

Yes, that should work. What I haven't seen in your code is the
connection for creating (special) annotations by an additional plugin. I
simply haven't looked enough to know if there might be a problem. I also
wonder why the communication between the views and the editor in the CEV
was implemented in such a complicated fashion.

Another thing that would be really nice (and what the CEV isn't able
to), is the visualization of annotations that aren't in the CAS.
Here's the use case: TextMarker has a extremly useful view (TextMarker
Query), where the user can query a folder structure of xmiCASs with
TextMarker rules. He will then be presented the matched texts. When
clicking, the xmiCAS is opened and the matched text should be
highlighted by the editor. Of course the matched texts itself is maybe
not equal to any annotations. What I do with that is something like
this: "give me all false positives author annotations that end with a
colon and are followed by a date".

Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/