uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Quarterly Status report to the Board
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:41:32 GMT
Here's the board report fleshed out - I plan to post this tonight.

Board report for Apache UIMA, for March 2012.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Releases:
No releases since last report, but had 4 release candidates for the
C++ version of the UIMA framework, and it's pretty close to a release.
UIMA-AS (Asynchronous Scaleout) is being worked on for release.

Activity:
Typical mailing list activities for this quarter.  We did notice that
the approximate downloads (as reported here:
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/uima.html#Downloads-N1008F)
seems to have doubled in the last 2 quarters.

Community:
We added Peter Kl├╝gl to the PMC.

Issues: No Board level issues at this time

Trademarks/Branding:
   This is now complete:
   Branding checklist:
     Project Website Basics - done
     Website Navigation Links - done
     Trademark Attributions - done
     Logos and Graphics - done
     Project Metadata - done
     Read PMC Branding Responsibilities - done,
     all PMC members have confirmed

-Marshall