uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quarterly Status report to the Board
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:25:07 GMT

Il giorno 13/mar/2012, alle ore 18.07, Marshall Schor ha scritto:

> Hi Tommaso,
>
> Thanks for this pointer.  Is there anything we can say about this?  Is it just in trunk,
or has it been already in some releases?  What does it do?

it's only in trunk (version 4.0-SNAPSHOT) and it just allows to run Lucene tokenizers using
annotations extracted by UIMA AEs (i.e. org.apache.uima.TokenAnnotation or org.apache.uima.SentenceAnnotation
annotations) to create a Lucene token stream; one just has to specify reference to the AE
descriptor and annotation type (optionally, one can add featurePath to add the TypeAttribute
to created tokens, for example for adding PoS).
More generally we can say Lucene now has UIMA-based tokenizers.
Regards,
Tommaso

p.s.:
the code base for that was developed for the 'Natural Language Search in Solr' talk at LuceneEurocon
2011 [1]

[1] : http://www.lucidimagination.com/devzone/events/conferences/ApacheLuceneEurocon2011/natural-language-search-solr

> Thanks. -Marshall
>
> On 3/13/2012 1:00 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
>> we may add mention to Lucene-UIMA analysis module [1].
>> Tommaso
>>
>> [1] : http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/modules/analysis/uima/
>>

>> Il giorno 13/mar/2012, alle ore 16.46, Peter Klügl ha scritto:
>>
>>> Nothing to add from my side.
>>>
>>> Peter

Dec - mid March.