uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Experiences with CAS Editor and large documents
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 13:36:24 GMT
  Hi,

can anyone share some experience how much the CAS Editor can handle?

I am trying to open a xmiCAs with about 0.5M words and 1M annotations,
but my attempts are not very successful.

After a short look at the implementation, I think the bottleneck is the
annotation model. I am not really familiar with the code. Jörn, is it
neccessary to add a jface.Annotation for each uima.Annotation even if it
isn't displayed?

Best,

Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/