uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Experiences with CAS Editor and large documents
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 14:30:53 GMT
On 05/04/2012 04:25 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
> I have not looked at the code, but just in case: I have found
> that from a performance perspective, it is very important to
> add JFace annotations in batches.  You're probably doing that
> already...

Yes, that was changed in many places and made operations
which where done for many annotations possible, before that deleting
something could easily take a couple of 10 seconds, or even minutes.

There are certain things which can still be done, and might be necessary
for very large CASes, e.g using virtual tables.

I hope that profiling it can give us more insight about what is slow.

Jörn