uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Experiences with CAS Editor and large documents
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 15:08:15 GMT
  Hi,

it is not only a performance problem, but also a memory problem.

If I comment line 1244 in AnnotationEditor.java, that is the code
IAnnotationModelExtension.replaceAnnotations() in method
AnnotationEditor.syncAnnotations(), it takes a while, but the CAS Editor
was finally able to display the xmiCAS. Of course, I could then not
highlight the annotations.

Peter

On 04.05.2012 16:30, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 05/04/2012 04:25 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
>> I have not looked at the code, but just in case: I have found
>> that from a performance perspective, it is very important to
>> add JFace annotations in batches.  You're probably doing that
>> already...
>
> Yes, that was changed in many places and made operations
> which where done for many annotations possible, before that deleting
> something could easily take a couple of 10 seconds, or even minutes.
>
> There are certain things which can still be done, and might be necessary
> for very large CASes, e.g using virtual tables.
>
> I hope that profiling it can give us more insight about what is slow.
>
> Jörn

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/